Thursday, June 12, 2014

Fall 2013

And, the cleaning begins.  We were warned by out next door neighbor - the retired Fire Chief - that there was a lot of poison ivy.  However, Nick and I just couldn't stand it...we didn't care.  Oh, speaking of neighbors - we have folks around us that are 85+years and going strong.  We think there is something in the water...we want to bottle and sell!

Even though Nick was decked out in haz-mat protection, he still had horrible poison ivy as did I.






 See!  There is the garage!

 Baby LOVES her big yard!









 Yes, a wood chipper was in order.


 The hot tub wouldn't fit through the sunroom door so it sat outside for many months.  Eventually, Nick cut out part of the wall to the sunroom and hired movers to carry it into the sunroom.


It looked like this garden had quite a bit planted in it at some point but the over growth killed much of it back. I did find one peony and several types of roses in addition to the boxwoods and evergreens.












The first thing Nick planted...





My bright yellow kitchen...



What was probably a "formal" dining room at some point is our exercise room for now.

A nice built-in cabinet.

One living room that has the fire place.


Side entry-way.

Our poor broken door...  Nick was trying to change the lock, pushed too hard on the door and his shoulder went through the glass. We waited for months and months for a new one since Home Depot couldn't even make a custom door this size.  We had to put in a transom on the top and still custom build the door...rather costly...


This is the front entrance and the tv room behind it.  This red door was the mate to the broken one.

And, we are back outside.  I guess I didn't organize as well as I thought!



This is from the second floor down to my "pride and joy" garden.  This was a ton of work and always will be.



















Larry loves to supervise the yard work...

And, he loves the new door!

No comments:

Post a Comment