Thursday, June 12, 2014

Summer 2013

We moved in late July, 2013.  These are the photos of what we found as far as a "yard" for the house.  We had seen the house before several times but it didn't settle in at how unkept the yard was until we were in for good.  Since Nick and I were both a little obsessive over our previous yards, this all about drove us crazy so became the first task for us to tackle.

Just some perspective.  The house faces south to Main Street.  The majority of the land to the house is to the north - we have around 3/4 of an acre (or a bit more) fenced in and then another 2ish in the back un-fenced.  We have our own "park" that the neighborhood kids play in.  Mostly, they are good kids but Nick's riding lawn mower has had some trouble due to running over glass, barbed wire, etc.  We don't have many photos of the "way back" but we do intend to clean it up some.  One of the neighborhood boys got all excited about that and asked if we would put in a baseball diamond.

My apologies for any duplicate photos...they all start to look the same after a while.









 There was so much over growth in this garden on the east side of the house, I didn't even notice a 3 foot statue until I hit it with my tools that I was using to cut out all of the mess.  I didn't get a photo of it because the prior owners came and got it when I told them that I found their "garden gnome" they were looking for.  Oh well, they left behind enough yard art for us anyway!














 This bush is now gone for the sake of our central a/c unit!















 I call this the entrance to the secret garden :-)






 There really is a garage back there...

 We found all sorts of trash in the back of the garage.  There were also some formerly used composting bins - mostly yard trash.  It was just a huge mess.  We filled a 30 yard roll away dumpster in about a day and a half cleaning this all out.

 Composting bins.




 The fence line was so over grown, we didn't even know there was another gate here...with a trellis even.























 This is more of the garden on the east side of the house with the hidden statue.



No comments:

Post a Comment